Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||18th July 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||16th July 1962|
|Next episode||23rd July 1962|
Emily feels that she did wrong by going in with Swindley in the shop. She doesn't feel that working with Swindley helps their relationship. The shop's figures are the lowest of all the Gamma's shops. Len advertises for an apprentice with a card in the Corner Shop window. Esther helps Ken and Val plan the wedding and reception. The Over 60's Club decides not to have a picnic this year. Doreen and Sheila move into the flat over the Corner Shop. Emily hands in her notice and breaks down. Swindley refuses to accept it.
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- TV Times synopsis: Miss Nugent plumbs the depths of despair and seeks advice from a most unlikely quarter
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,473,000 homes (1st place).
Miss Nugent: "I was born out of my time."
|July 1962 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 29th|