|ITV transmission date||21st February 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||16th February 1977|
|Next episode||23rd February 1977|
In the morning Ken finds Janet unconscious in his bed and calls an ambulance. Suzie tries to worm her way into Elsie's affections. Elsie tells Suzie she doesn't want her at No.11 and she can't move in. Janet is rushed to hospital but she is already dead. Ena takes care of a stunned Ken. Emily is shaken by Janet's death. Bet gives Suzie lots of stories about rotten landladies. Ken is questioned over the circumstances of Janet's death.
- Janet Barlow - Judith Barker
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, hallway and bedroom
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Final appearance of Judith Barker as Janet Barlow.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow makes a dreadful discovery about his wife, Janet.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,250,000 homes (2nd place). This was the most-watched episode since Episode 501 on 29th September 1965.
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|February 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th|