Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd March 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||28th February 1977|
|Next episode||7th March 1977|
Betty offers Bet her back bedroom. Anne Woodley tells Bet she knows she's Mike's girlfriend; her perfume and hairs are all over the house. Renee agrees to let Bet stay at the shop flat. She is horrified when Anne tells her she is not married to Mike; she's his mistress, the children are hers. The Gazette reports on Janet's death. Anne tells Mike she'll forgive him if he dumps Bet. Bet calls Mike a stinking rat. He tells her he told her he was married to stop her getting ideas. Mike tells Bet he didn't mean to hurt her. She slaps his face. He tells her he's going to London and wants her out of No.5.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Corridor and office
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch makes a discovery about Mike Baldwin - and gets an ultimatum from him.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,000,000 homes (3rd place).
Bet Lynch (to Mike Baldwin): "I hoped. What else do you think keeps people like me going? We hope... we hope that one day we'll meet somebody who won't lie or cheat and pretend that they care when all they really want's a willing tart. I've been kicked in the teeth often enough... that doesn't come as a surprise. But it doesn't stop it hurting."
|March 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|