Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||21st March 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||16th March 1977|
|Next episode||23rd March 1977|
Rita looks forward to Tenerife and her job at the Hotel San Antonio. Len worries that she'll never return. Bet goes flat hunting. Len begs Rita not to leave. Hilda wants to get into No.5 before the Langtons but Stan doesn't want to move. Mike tells Renee he'll pay an extra £2 a week on top of Bet's offered £6 to let her have the flat but doesn't want Bet to know about it. Renee tells Bet she'll lower the price and Bet can move in. Bet is delighted. Mavis asks Len for Rita's job but he refuses to talk about it. Rita signs the singing contract. Bet moves into the shop flat. She unplugs the freezer in the shop instead of the heater by mistake. Len proposes to Rita and tells her he loves her.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Shop and living quarters
- The Kabin
- Waterloo Place
- TV Times synopsis: Rita Littlewood gets a marriage proposal, and Bet Lynch finds a flat.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,850,000 homes (3rd place).
|March 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|