Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||28th March 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||23rd March 1977|
|Next episode||30th March 1977|
The Langtons move into No.5. Deirdre makes Ray carry her over the threshold. Ken returns from staying with Dave Robbins. Mavis tells Len she doesn't want to resign. Vince Denton tells Ken that Janet Barlow had £7,520 of his in a building society and he wants it back. He tells Ken the money was a tax dodge. Ken says he can have it - if he can prove it's his. Ernie gives Rita a going-away present; he's transposed all her song arrangements. Ken discovers that £1,500 of the money was Janet's. He doesn't trust Denton about the rest. Rita packs. Len accuses her of going to spite him. He tells her that he's modernise No.9 for her and she can give up work. She tells him she's going to Tenerife. The residents decide Rita needs a farewell party.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Littlewood - Barbara Mullaney
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- The Kabin flat - Living room/kitchen
- TV Times synopsis: What will Rita's answer be to that marriage proposal?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 9,144,000 homes (1st place).
|March 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|