Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||2nd May 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||27th April 1977|
|Next episode||4th May 1977|
Renee takes to her bed with flu. Bet looks after the shop. Ray is furious that the vicar has turned them away and is determined to have Tracy christened. When Bet has to work at the Rovers, Alf looks after the shop. Ena advises Deirdre to go to St. Mary's and see if they'll baptise Tracy. Blanche arrives to sort out the sale of her house. She tells Deirdre that she and Steve Bassett have had second thoughts. Mike hears Albert talking about the "Western Front" and decides it's the ideal name for the shop. Albert refuses the denim suit prize and asks for money instead. Mike refuses. The Reverend Smedley who married Len and Rita agrees to baptise Tracy. Emily, Betty and Ken agree to be godparents. The doctor tells Renee to stay in bed for a few days. Alf feels lumbered at the shop.
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room and kitchen
- Corner Shop and back room
- Community Centre flat - Living room
- TV Times synopsis: When Renee Bradshaw takes to bed with flu after going on a fishing trip, who takes over her shop…?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,097,000 homes (6th place).
|May 1977 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|