|ITV transmission date||11th May 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||9th May 1977|
|Next episode||16th May 1977|
Elsie's dress returns from the cleaners. She's annoyed as it's obvious that it's been cleaned. Rita spends the day preparing for the dinner party. Elsie wears the dress to the Faircloughs' house, annoying Rita who feels outdone. Hilda grows fascinated about how the sewing machines work and has a go on one. Ted is astonished when Rita tells him that Elsie has had three husbands. Mavis phones Len and hysterically tells him she won't be in work. Ted gives Elsie the brush-off.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Mullaney
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room
- The Kabin
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- This was the final episode to credit Barbara Knox under her previous name of "Barbara Mullaney".
- TV Times synopsis: The Faircloughs throw their first party, and Rita drops a brick.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,628,000 homes (5th place).
|May 1977 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|