|ITV transmission date||16th May 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||11th May 1977|
|Next episode||18th May 1977|
Ray wants to enter Tracy in the Silver Jubilee Baby Contest but Deirdre refuses; it would be degrading. Rita and Len can't contact Mavis. Her Auntie Edie hasn't seen her all night. The residents get to Deirdre so she enters Tracy in the contest. Elsie and Suzie give up smoking. Mavis turns up in tears after having rowed with Auntie Edie. She has thrown her out and she's had to stay in a hotel. Rita tells her she can move into The Kabin flat. The residents decide to enter a float in the Jubilee parade. Len is annoyed that Rita has let the flat to Mavis as he had plans to do it up and get a big rent.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- During a telephone conversation, Rita Fairclough refers to Auntie Edie as "Mrs Kenyon", however, at the reading of her will shown in Episode 1733, her name is given as "Edith Mary Platt".
- TV Times synopsis: What has caused Mavis Riley to stay out all night?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,211,000 homes (1st place).
Ena Sharples: "It's a dirty word in this country, is patriotism. Heaven knows why because we've got less to be ashamed of than the rest of 'em. If it hadn't been for what this country did in 1939, they'd all have been goosesteppin' into China!"
|May 1977 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|