Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd May 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||18th May 1977|
|Next episode||25th May 1977|
Elsie is furious when she sees the Gazette. Vera is pleased to be a finalist in the Glamorous Grannie contest. Elsie tells the girls she's sick of them interfering in her life. Ted Brownlow sees Elsie's picture in the Gazette and arranges a date with her; he realises what he's missing. They agree to put the past behind them. Ernie is given the job of organising the Street's Silver Jubilee float. Hilda runs up curtains at Baldwin's late at night. Elaine Dennett calls on Elsie and says she wants to talk about Alan Howard.
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden starts her own little business at the factory…but not a word to Mike Baldwin!
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,032,000 homes (3rd place).
|May 1977 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|