Bet goes to the park to see the other Silver Jubilee floats, still dressed as Britannia. Ray tells the Bishops they're not going to London after all. Annie is annoyed when everyone blames her for getting a duff lorry from the Brewery. Alf informs everyone that it was Stan's fault. The residents demand a kangaroo court for Stan. Albert is the judge, Fred prosecutes and Eddie defends. Stan is found guilty and has to buy drinks all round. Ray arranges with Blanche to look after Tracy. Bet is highly commended in the fancy dress parade. Mike tells Elsie business is failing and they may have to go on a three day week.
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Guess who's upset Queen Elizabeth I, Sir Walter Raleigh, Queen Victoria and Sherpa Tensing?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,420,000 homes (9th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|June 1977 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|