Ivy tells Mike he can't take their work away from them. Betty worries as no one is interested in her china cabinet. Mike tells the girls that his London factory is already on a three-day week and if he doesn't divert some of the work he'll have to close it down. Ivy tells him the girls don't care what happens to the London factory and the two row. The Langtons' train back from London is delayed and they are stuck in Crewe. As Blanche has to return home, Ena babysits. Ray phones from the station but Ena trips over one of Tracy's toys and falls, knocking herself unconscious.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Blanche Hunt - Maggie Jones
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and office
- The Kabin
- Stationary train at Crewe Station
- Last appearance of Blanche Hunt until 6th November 1978.
- TV Times synopsis: Ena Sharples is baby sitting at the Langtons'. What makes Deirdre and Ray think something has gone wrong?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,079,000 homes (7th place).
|June 1977 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|