Arthur Stokes buys the cabinet. Albert makes a nuisance of himself at the hospital trying to find the truth about Ena's condition. The doctor tells him she is suffering from severe concussion and is slightly improving. Ivy wants the girls to form a workers co-operative, Vera isn't keen. Mike gets Suzie and Gail to model the new denim designs in front of Ivy and the girls to show them how good they are. He tells them to have faith in their work. He convinces them that only he will lift them out of the slump, and not a workers co-op. In the mean time they'll have to go on a three-day week. Stokes tells Annie that Alf and Betty are an item. Alf tries to make him see he's got it wrong but Stokes persists in telling everyone. Albert talks to Ena whilst she is unconscious. She opens her eyes briefly. Mike switches the denim work to London and concentrates on the new models in Weatherfield. Elsie goes to Newcastle to see Alan Howard and try to interest buyers in the new designs. Ena regains consciousness and tells Albert to stop talking.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie (Credited as "Lynn Perrie")
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Corridor and office
- Weatherfield Infirmary - Side ward
- Last appearance of Vera Duckworth until 26th September 1977.
- Last appearance of Ivy Tilsley until 26th September 1977.
- This episode was transmitted at 7.00pm by Thames Television only to allow for a later one-and-a-half hour regional programme, London Looks Foward, to be shown.
- TV Times synopsis: A workers' co-operative is set up but will it come up with any ideas to haul Mike Baldwin out of the red?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,350,000 homes (7th place).
|June 1977 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|