|ITV transmission date||4th July 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||29th June 1977|
|Next episode||6th July 1977|
Ena returns home, with Eddie taking care of her. Her legs are still weak. Mavis makes Rita realise that she's going to have to put Len first in everything in order to make their marriage work. Local man Les Fox chats Bet up. They arrange a date. She gets Renee to tag along for his friend Eric Bailey. Ena is furious to discover that Eddie has arranged to have a rota of residents looking after her all day and refuses their help. Councillor Tattersall pays a visit to the Street. He criticises the way Albert and Ena run the Centre. Rita tells Len she will always be independent and have a will of her own. Tattersall tells Ken he thinks Ken is letting Ena live at the Centre under false pretences - she's too old to work. He says he plans to give her her marching orders.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 9 Coronation Street - Downstairs rooms
- Community Centre flat - Living room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Geoff Hinsliff makes a pre-Don Brennan appearance as Eric Bailey.
- George Waring makes a pre-Arnold Swain appearance as Councillor Tattersall.
- TV Times synopsis: Bet Lynch and Renee Bradshaw click with a couple of fellers…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,400,000 homes (3rd place).
|July 1977 episodes|
|Mon 4th • Wed 6th • Mon 11th • Wed 13th • Mon 18th • Wed 20th • Mon 25th • Wed 27th|