|ITV transmission date||1st August 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||30th July 1962|
|Next episode||6th August 1962|
All the wedding plans are in place. Val doesn't like her bouquet and makes up her own arrangement. Ken suffers from a hangover and nerves. Annie, Esther, Florrie, Nancy, Beattie, Len, Minnie, Martha, Ena, Sheila and Doreen watch as Ken and Val marry at St. Mary's. Lucille is bridesmaid. Ena tries to help Elsie overcome her depression - she tells her to keep an air of mystery about her when dealing with men. Annie gets drunk at the reception. Concepta goes into labour in the Rovers and is taken to hospital by Jack.
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Tatlock - Anne Reid
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Esther Hayes - Daphne Oxenford
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Leonard Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Even though this episode aired on 1st August 1962, the events depicted took place on 4th August as mentioned in later episodes.
- TV Times synopsis: The great day dawns - and not only for the happy couple
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 7,241,000 homes (joint 1st place with Episode 170).
This episode was included on the following commercial releases:
- Coronation Street 1962 released by Granada and Windsong Video on 5th November 1990.
- The 1962 disc of the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The 1960s, released on 31st July 2006.
|August 1962 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|