Mavis moves back to look after Auntie Edie and takes time off work to do so. Betty looks after the shop whilst Renee looks after her mother in Lancaster. Edie makes Mavis run round after her. Annie is shocked to find Betty working at the shop. Betty feels victorious. After two predictions come true, Hilda's clairvoyancey attracts attention. Edie and Ethel Platt gang up on Mavis. She feels trapped. The police tell Annie that the decorator Gary Hankins has admitted to making an impression of her key and stealing the £45. Annie is horrified.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- 23 Jubilee Terrace - Living room and bedroom
- TV Times synopsis: Rovers Return barmaid Betty Turpin starts work in the corner shop, and landlady Annie Walker finds she was wrong to accuse her of stealing.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 10,915,000 viewers (8th place). From this episode onwards, ITV's audience measurement was in millions of viewers watching rather than millions of homes.
|August 1977 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|