The Ogdens tell Suzie and Gail that they don't want to sell the tandem anymore. The girls refuse to hand the bike back. Len plans alterations to The Kabin flat, certain that Mavis will stay at Auntie Edie's house forever. Annie offers to make up with Betty but she's not interested. Eddie buys the tandem off the girls for £15. He tells the Ogdens he'll go halves with them when he sells it. Annie asks Betty to put a card up in the shop saying that she, Annie, has the utmost trust in Betty's honesty. Betty refuses to put it up; people will think she's dishonest. Eddie and Stan, on route to the bike dealer, leave the bike in a street whilst they go into a pub. Betty discovers Albert isn't exactly sure what he heard Annie say. Len tells the girls the tandem is worth £100. Betty accepts Annie's apology and drops the action. She refuses to return to the Rovers though. The tandem is buried when the wall it was against is demolished.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- The Kabin
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- Last appearance of Ena Sharples until 27th March 1978.
- TV Times synopsis: Rovers' landlady Annie Walker tries to make peace with former barmaid Betty Turpin, whom she has wronged. But will Betty accept the olive branch?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,217,000 viewers (7th place).
|August 1977 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|