|ITV transmission date||22nd August 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||17th August 1977|
|Next episode||24th August 1977|
Mavis blames herself for Auntie Edie's death. Derek supports her at the funeral. Peter Barlow arrives for a couple of weeks. He and Ken feel like strangers to each other. Rita, Emily and Alf attend Edie's funeral. They are horrified at the way Ethel Platt puts Mavis and Derek down. Rita rows with Ethel over her hypocrisy in not looking after Edie. Deirdre refuses to let Rita dictate as to how much money Ray gets. Mavis tells Derek that Edie told her she was leaving everything to her in her will.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- 23 Jubilee Terrace - Living room
- First appearance of Peter Barlow since 28th April 1975 and first appearance of Joseph McKenna in the role.
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow's son arrives, making everyone happy at Number One. But further down the street, the Fairlcloughs and the Langtons clash over money.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,604,000 viewers (6th place).
|August 1977 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|