Ray tells Len he wants a 50-50 partnership. Len refuses and tells him that he can always leave if he doesn't like the set up. Albert is annoyed when his home-made kite fails to fly. He enjoys telling Peter about the War. Ken is too busy at work to spend time with Peter who tells him that he'd like to go walking in the Peak District - Ken agrees to take him. Rita warns Len not to give Ray more money; she'll never forgive him. Len worries that Ray may leave the Yard and take Deirdre with him. Deirdre pushes Ray to leave the Yard and set up in competition against Len. Ray tells Len he's leaving the business. They both decide on a new contract and swear each other to secrecy. Auntie Edie's will is read, she leaves two pot dogs to Ethel Platt and her estate to Mavis. Ethel threatens to contest the will. Mr Lewis, the solicitor, tells Mavis that the house was sold to a finance company and isn't hers. Ray and Len refuse to tell their wives the terms of their new partnership.
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ethel Platt - Julia Lang
- Peter Barlow - Joseph McKenna
- Mr Lewis - John Jardine
- Barney Moss - Johnny Allan
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- 23 Jubilee Terrace - Living room
- Last appearance of Derek Wilton until 28th November 1977.
- TV Times synopsis: What has Mavis got to celebrate? Albert Tatlock lumbers nephew Ken Barlow with a trip he hadn't really bargained for.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,660,000 viewers (11th place).
|August 1977 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|