|ITV transmission date||29th August 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||Stephen Butcher and Laurence Moody|
|Previous episode||24th August 1977|
|Next episode||31st August 1977|
Renee returns to the shop. When Mike has a flat tyre, Steve Fisher, a customer in the Western Front, changes it for him. An impressed Mike offers him a job. Ken and Peter leave on a walking outing in the Peak District. Eddie tries to get Annie interested in a new carpet but she tells him she doesn't trust him. Steve lies to Mike and says he has no qualifications. Mike gets the truth from him that he has too many qualifications to land a job. Mike takes him on as a driver. Eddie tells Annie the carpet will be monogrammed in gold. Ken falls down a ravine and crushes his leg. Peter runs off into the night to get help.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Western Front - Shop and stockroom
- Various locations in the Peak District
- First appearance of Steve Fisher.
- An acknowledgement before the start of the credits reads: "We thank the Royal Air Force Service and the Buxton Mountain Rescue Team for their help in the production of this programme".
- TV Times synopsis: Ken Barlow and son Peter go on a moors expedition - but it ends with an accident. Meanwhile, back in the Street, Mike Baldwin hires a new driver with unusual qualifications…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 10,525,000 viewers (Chart placing unknown. This Bank Holiday episode failed to make the top twenty).
|August 1977 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|