|ITV transmission date||31st August 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||Stephen Butcher and Laurence Moody|
|Previous episode||29th August 1977|
|Next episode||5th September 1977|
Peter scrambles about the Peak District countryside trying to reach help whilst Ken lies in agony. Peter gets lost on the moors and has to spend the night in the open. Albert worries about Ken and Peter when they don't return home. Renee tells Betty that she can't keep her on full-time. Peter stops a car and tells the mountain rescue people about Ken's state. He helps them in their search for Ken. Gail is pleased that Steve will be working with them. The rescue team find Ken and take him to hospital. Eddie shows Annie a sample of the carpet. She likes it and gives him £10 deposit. Ken is airlifted to a nearby hospital.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Western Front
- Various locations in the Peak District
- Roads in Buxton
- An acknowledgement before the start of the credits reads: "We thank the Royal Air Force Service and the Buxton Mountain Rescue Team for their help in the production of this programme".
- TV Times synopsis: An R.A.F. helicopter is called in to help with the rescue after the moors accident. At the Rovers, Annie Walker is impressed by a carpet sample with a personal monogram.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,728,000 viewers (11th place).
|August 1977 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|