|ITV transmission date||7th September 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Director||Tristan de Vere Cole|
|Previous episode||5th September 1977|
|Next episode||12th September 1977|
Ken asks Peter if he and Susan would like to live in Weatherfield. Bet and Dawn Perks clash behind the bar. Peter can't decide whether or not to live with Ken. He tells Ken he'd like to but Ken feels he's not sure. Annie plans to visit Billy in Jersey. She asks Bet to get on with Dawn in her absence. Ken tells Peter he knows that he doesn't want to live with him. Peter says he'd miss Glasgow too much. Annie goes to Jersey leaving Bet in charge. Bet orders an annoyed Dawn to empty the ashtrays.
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and back room
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Piccadilly Station - Concourse
- Last appearance of Peter Barlow until 21st August 1978.
- TV Times synopsis: Competition hots up between barmaid Bet Lynch and her new rival, Dawn Perks. Ken Barlow's son, Peter, makes up his mind about his future - and it's a different decision from his father's.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,798,000 viewers (14th place).
Annie Walker: "I've never denied that there's a great big world outside, but we're not bound by any chains - other than habit."
|September 1977 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|