Annie returns from Jersey. Hilda discovers Annie's carpet is a cut-off from the Alhambra Weatherfield Bingo Hall, hence the monogram "AW". Bet warns her not to tell Annie. Betty agrees to return to the Rovers as senior barmaid. Annie decides to throw a sherry morning for the Lady Victuallers to show off the carpet. Alf helps Renee with her VAT. Elsie is furious when Rita refuses to refund her for a pair of tights when they ladder. Rita is livid when Len gives Elsie another pair. Alf takes Renee for a ride in the country.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden discovers the truth about Annie Walker's monogrammed carpet, and can't wait to stir things up. And who has Cllr. Alf Roberts made a date with?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,492,000 viewers (8th place).
|September 1977 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|