|ITV transmission date||21st September 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||19th September 1977|
|Next episode||26th September 1977|
Annie prepares for her party. Bet decides it's the best thing to tell her that the carpet is from the Alhambra Weatherfield Bingo Hall and does so. Annie is horrified but is too late to stop her friends from coming. Renee cooks Alf a meal. Lady Victualler Olive Gallop recognises the carpet and Annie feels humiliated. Ralph Lancaster phones Len and offers Rita more singing at the Gatsby Club but Len tells him she's given it up. Annie threatens to report Eddie to the police if he doesn't get rid of the carpet and give her a refund.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- Corner Shop and back room
- The Kabin
- TV Times synopsis: What does Bet Lynch say that makes Annie Walker try to cancel her lady victuallers party at the last minute? How will Eddie Yeats stand up to Annie when she "carpets" him?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,813,000 viewers (17th place).
- This episode was released on Soap Box: Volume One DVD, distributed by Network DVD on 31st October 2011.
|September 1977 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|