Gail is puzzled at the easy way Suzie has taken the news that her mother has left home. She feels sorry for Bob Birchall. Alf has enough of everyone teasing him about Renee. Renee and Alf assure each other that they weren't serious about marrying. He feels lonely as it's his birthday. Suzie gets in contact with her mother and promises not to tell Bob where she is. She tells Gail that Bob only wants a skivvy. When Gail questions why Suzie left her mother in Bob's "clutches" Suzie slaps her face. Bob tries to force Suzie to return home with him and look after him. She tells him to leave her alone.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- Western Front - Shop and stockroom
- TV Times synopsis: Suzie clashes with her father…but why is Gail on his side and not Suzie's?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 12,328,000 viewers (chart placing unknown).
|October 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|