Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||17th October 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||12th October 1977|
|Next episode||19th October 1977|
Deirdre starts keep-fit classes at Bessie Street School. Annie is annoyed when the gas board sends her a final demand when she's already paid the bill. Annie is furious to discover Hilda has seen the bill and Stan thinks she can't afford his window money. Suzie is furious when she hears Bob Birchall has told Ernie she's leaving the shop. She packs and tells Elsie that she's going somewhere where Bob won't be able to find her. Elsie advises her to stay and fight, and she'll fight with her. Suzie breaks down.
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- Western Front - Shop and stockroom
- TV Times synopsis: Hilda Ogden pries into Annie Walker's private affairs…but gets far more than she bargained for. What has brought Suzie Birchall to breaking point?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,818,000 viewers (4th place).
|October 1977 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th • Mon 31st|