Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||7th November 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||2nd November 1977|
|Next episode||9th November 1977|
Ray persuades Deirdre to return to work. Rita lends Hilda her negligee for the second honeymoon. Deirdre locks herself in the Yard office when a man, Colin Bailey calls. It turns out he is a friend of Ray's. She breaks down and Ray takes her home. Fred has enough of people ordering him about. He tells Annie she can stick her job, he's had enough. Annie discovers Charles Beaumont has been borrowing from her staff and customers. He admits to being a con-man and she gives him money to pay off his debts. She realises that the "Walker" name is more important to her than the "Beaumont" one.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard - Office
- TV Times synopsis: Deirdre Langton returns to work for the first time since she was attacked - but something happens to frighten her. Meanwhile, Charles Beaumont goes on cheating the Rovers' regulars.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,150,000 viewers (3rd place).
|November 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|