Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||15th August 1962 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Harry Driver|
|Previous episode||13th August 1962|
|Next episode||20th August 1962|
Christopher keeps the Hewitts up all night. Lucille is annoyed when she is told she can't play records because she might disturb the baby. Len, Jerry and Sam move Minnie into No.5 with Bobby. Ken and Val move into No.9 and the neighbours admire their new furniture. Geordie lorry driver Ted Young is delighted to hear Sam is in the area; they live in the same street. Len puts the fittings into the Hair Salon. Harry finds Lucille playing records whilst Christopher cries. He slaps her face when she tells him to "drop dead". Ted reveals Sam's wife is a real nag. He jokes that perhaps Sam has killed her.
- Mr. Swindley - Arthur Lowe
- Concepta Hewitt - Doreen Keogh
- Sheila Birtles - Eileen Mayers
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Doreen Lostock - Angela Crow
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Valerie Barlow - Anne Reid
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Minnie Caldwell - Margot Bryant
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Martha Longhurst - Lynne Carol
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Lucille Hewitt - Jennifer Moss
- Miss Nugent - Eileen Derbyshire
- Jerry Booth - Graham Haberfield
- TV Times synopsis: A lorry from Newcastle brings a new slant on the Street's mystery
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 6,779,000 homes (2nd place).
|August 1962 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|