|ITV transmission date||28th November 1977 (Monday)|
|Stories by||Peter Tonkinson|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||23rd November 1977|
|Next episode||30th November 1977|
Elsie's phone is cut off. She is furious as it was Suzie and Gail's turn to pay the bill. Steve worries that Suzie will get hurt by Mike. When Gail refuses to tell her about the bet, Steve does. Mavis feels put upon by the Faircloughs. Derek advises her to use Auntie Edie's money as a deposit on a house of her own. They go house hunting. Suzie stands Mike up and is annoyed that Gail didn't tell her about the bet. Mavis goes to the building society to see if she could get a mortgage. Eddie tries to sell turkeys for Christmas. Mr Irwin at the building society tells Mavis that she can't get a mortgage on her salary. Derek tells her not to give up and that he might have the solution.
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Western Front
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Unnamed bar
- Building Society - Mr Irwin's office
- First appearance of Derek Wilton since 24th August 1977.
- TV Times synopsis: What will Suzie Birchall do when she learns the truth about her date with Mike Baldwin? And what happens when Derek Wilton goes house-hunting with Mavis Riley?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,600,000 viewers (7th place).
|November 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|