Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||30th November 1977 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by||Peter Tonkinson|
|Previous episode||28th November 1977|
|Next episode||5th December 1977|
Elsie pays the phone bill and demands £10 off each of the girls. Mavis and Derek view a house owned by Mrs Ashbrook with a view to a joint mortgage. They fall in love with it. Suzie shows Mike she is interested in him. The building society agrees to give Mavis and Derek a 90% mortgage to buy the £6,000 house. Elsie threatens to cut the phone lead with scissors if the girls don't give her £20. They pay up. Rita tells Mavis that the joint mortgage is obviously Derek's way of proposing.
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Western Front
- Unknown street in Weatherfield
- Mrs Ashbrook's house - Garden
- Building Society - Mr Irwin's Office
- TV Times synopsis: Why have Suzie Birchall and Gail Potter stopped talking to each other? Where does Mavis Riley find help after being turned down for a mortgage?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,000,000 viewers (10th place).
|November 1977 episodes|
|Wed 2nd • Mon 7th • Wed 9th • Mon 14th • Wed 16th • Mon 21st • Wed 23rd • Mon 28th • Wed 30th|