Ken throws an OAP party at the Community Centre. Ivy tells Elsie that the girls want to play a joke on Mike and need her help. Mavis is depressed over losing the house and Derek. Hilda turns up for the factory Christmas party dressed as Charlie Chaplin after Bet tells her that it's fancy dress. Mike is annoyed when Suzie invites a lad, Robin Smethurst, to the party. Both he and Steve are furious at her cheek. Ivy, Elsie and Vera play their joke - complaining about their small bonuses before descending on Mike with mistletoe. Mavis helps out at the OAP party. Gail tries to lure Steve away from the factory party but he's too occupied by Suzie and Robin. The comic booked for the OAPs doesn't turn up so Mavis recites poetry to them.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- TV Times synopsis: High jinks for the lads and lasses at the factory party…but how will Ken Barlow face the fiasco threatening his concert for the old folk?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,500,000 viewers (6th place).
|December 1977 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|