Ken drags Rita from the factory party to entertain the OAPs at the Community Centre. Ivy and Vera go with her and lead the pensioners in old Music Hall songs. Mike is annoyed as Suzie flirts with Robin Smethurst in front of him and breaks up the party. Eddie entertains the OAPs with some jokes and is booed off. Still dressed as Charlie Chaplin, Hilda blacks up and sings an Al Jolson song to the OAPs. Ivy and Vera do their Hylda Baker routine. Bet, Fred and Eddie (the latter two in drag) sing "Sisters" at the party. Mike has plans for the evening with Suzie but she goes off with Robin. Rita invites Elsie to lunch on Boxing Day.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- TV Times synopsis: Who are the volunteers who come to the rescue at Ken Barlow's concert for the pensioners? And what's the situation between Suzie Birchall and Mike Baldwin after the factory party?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (10th place).
|December 1977 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|