The Langtons return home from Blanche's. The Ogdens entertain Eddie for lunch. They all get drunk together. Elsie and the Faircloughs have a good meal before Rita and Elsie start sparring off each other again. With Ken in Glasgow, Annie reluctantly invites Albert to join her and Fred for a meal. The Langtons decide to throw a party. Ray is glad that Deirdre seems so much better and the Bishops are relieved. Eddie's stock of turkeys arrive - a day late for Christmas. Elsie gets her own back at Rita's age remarks and tells her that people are talking about her and Fred.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop
- William Tarmey appears as an extra in the Rovers, two years before debuting as Jack Duckworth.
- TV Times synopsis: Rita invites Elsie to Boxing Day lunch at the Faircloughs. But are her motives pure? Meanwhile, Eddie is in trouble all round over his failure to deliver the promised turkeys.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 8,564,000 viewers (chart placing unknown - this was the lowest-rated episode of 1977).
|December 1977 episodes|
|Mon 5th • Wed 7th • Mon 12th • Wed 14th • Mon 19th • Wed 21st • Mon 26th • Wed 28th|