Tommo and Dave follow Mike and Ernie back to the factory. Emily plans a summer holiday abroad. Hilda is bitter that she hasn't got a colour TV. Eddie promises to get her one. Steve is embarrassed when the factory girls tease him about Suzie. Renee is flattered when Alf rings her from London. Ernie makes up the wages. Eddie gives Hilda a green and blue screen to put on the black and white TV. She thinks it's useless and refuses to have it. Tommo and Dave, with shotgun demand the wages from Ernie. He is in the middle of handing it over when Mike comes into the wages office. Tommo fires the gun and Ernie hits the floor. Mike calls an ambulance as he's still breathing.
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Ernest Bishop - Stephen Hancock
- Vera Duckworth - Elizabeth Dawn
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Coronation Street exterior
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Baldwin's Casuals - Sewing room and wages office
- Unknown streets in Weatherfield
- TV Times synopsis: A shotgun hold-up shatters the everyday world at the denim factory - and Ernest Bishop is wounded…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,840,000 viewers (3rd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|January 1978 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|