Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||23rd January 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||18th January 1978|
|Next episode||25th January 1978|
Annie plans to take a friend to Southport but the Rover is overdue for its MOT. She blames Fred for not noticing. She orders Fred to get it done in time for the trip. Steve goes for a job interview for an electrician's job at Bristow's Dairy in Mike's time. Suzie lets it slip to Mike. The Rover fails its MOT. It needs a new shock absorber and silencer. Albert matchmakes between Sally Robson and Ken. Ken isn't really interested in her. Steve gets the job if he can get a good reference from Mike. Annie orders Fred to put the car right. He is shocked. Mike gives Steve a reference which says he can't comment on his ability.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and hallway
- 1 Coronation Street - Back room
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- Western Front
- TV Times synopsis: Steve Fisher has a better job lined up. But what kind of reference will Mike Baldwin give him? Who is Annie Walker going to blame when her car, due to take some lady victuallers on a jaunt, fails its M.O.T?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,300,000 viewers (3rd place).
|January 1978 episodes|
|Mon 2nd • Wed 4th • Mon 9th • Wed 11th • Mon 16th • Wed 18th • Mon 23rd • Wed 25th • Mon 30th|