|ITV transmission date||8th February 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||6th February 1978|
|Next episode||13th February 1978|
Hilda grabs Suzie's leg and tries to pull her down. She manages to keep hold of her shoe. She is horrified when a pigeon flies down from the hole into their bedroom. Stan weakly demands that Suzie pays for the damage to the ceiling. She puts on a limp and threatens to sue him for not having a safe ceiling. Ena is holidaying with the Lomaxes in Hartlepool. Fred offers to help Emily with any manual jobs now Ernie is dead. Hilda demands money for the ceiling but Elsie physically throws her out of the house. Emily sorts through Ernie's clothes to give to the Mission. She asks Mavis not to treat her like an invalid. She plans to return to work at the hospital. Hilda goes up into the loft and puts her broom through Elsie's ceiling to pay her back.
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- 3 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway, back bedroom and loft space
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen, back bedroom and loft space
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: Despite a big row between Elsie Howard and Hilda Ogden, Elsie won't pay for the Ogden's damaged ceiling… Hilda takes revenge.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,050,000 viewers (4th place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|February 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th|