Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th February 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||15th February 1978|
|Next episode||22nd February 1978|
Len tells Elsie he'll mend the ceilings for £20 each or £30 for the two; she can pay him £10, the Ogdens £20. Len gives Hilda a £20 estimate for the ceiling. Alf returns from London. He brings Renee an expensive bottle of scent. Hilda is furious when Renee starts banging on her side of the wall to make Hilda shut up. Stan uses an electric drill which interferes with Elsie's TV reception. Struck by this, Hilda gleefully looks around for things to drill. Alf proposes to Renee.
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Tracy Langton - Christabel Finch
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 5 Coronation Street - Living room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and yard
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and yard
- Corner Shop
- TV Times synopsis: The feud between Elsie and Hilda flares up again. Meanwhile, Alf has a problem: will he find the right moment to ask Renee to marry him?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,450,000 viewers (2nd place).
|February 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th|