|ITV transmission date||27th February 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||22nd February 1978|
|Next episode||1st March 1978|
Hilda borrows Rita's black coat to go to the Arbitration court. Suzie uses the Western Front phone to ring Roger Floriet in France. She is on for fifteen minutes and puts the phone down when Mike arrives. Renee is thrilled when Alf buys her an expensive engagement ring from jeweller Donald Anderson. Suzie phones Roger again. He invites her over for the Winter sports. Alf and Renee throw an engagement party. The Ogdens and Elsie go to court. Elsie dresses down to appear poorer than she is whilst the Ogdens are in their best.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Roger Floriet - Benjamin Feitelson (Credited as "Roger Floriot")
- Donald Anderson - Peter Dudley
- Mrs Taylor - Ginni Barlow
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Back room
- Western Front - Shop and back room
- Arbitration offices - Secretary's office, waiting area, and main room
- Peter Dudley appears as jeweller Donald Anderson, a year away from beginning his role as regular character Bert Tilsley.
- TV Times synopsis: Who is Suzie Birchall contacting when she makes illicit phone calls to France? Hilda Ogden and Elsie Howard prepare for their arbitration court battle.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,750,000 viewers (4th place).
|February 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th|