Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||1st March 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||27th February 1978|
|Next episode||6th March 1978|
The Ogdens claim for the ceiling damage. Hilda verbally attacks Elsie, disrupting the proceedings. Bet accuses Betty of being jealous of Renee's engagement to Alf. Suzie phones Roger Floriet again and they plan a holiday together. The Arbitrator, Mr Franklyn, decides that Elsie and Hilda each pay for their own repairs. Elsie is satisfied but Hilda is furious. Suzie tries to put Gail off going to France. Steve is amazed to discover Suzie has been phoning France. He tells her that he'll tell Mike if she does it again. The residents celebrate Alf and Renee's engagement. Len toasts the happy couple. Alf tells Renee he wants to get married at the end of the month.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Roger Floriet - Benjamin Feitelson (Credited as "Roger Floriot")
- Mrs Taylor - Ginni Barlow
- Mr Franklyn - Roy Boyd
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- Corner Shop - Living quarters
- Western Front
- Arbitrator's Office
- Roger Floriet's house, France
- TV Times synopsis: Elsie Howard and Hilda Ogden face each other in the claims court. Which of them will win?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,900,000 viewers (3rd place).
|March 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|