Ivy collects signatures on a petition to bring back hanging for murderers. Alf tells Renee they're marrying a week on Saturday. Emily refuses to sign the petition; she doesn't believe in hanging. The Western Front's phone bill is £20 higher than normal. Mike tells Steve to sort it out. Suzie asks Steve to cover up for the phone calls but he tells Mike one of the girls has been phoning France. Mike tells him to find out who it was and sack her.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop and Living Quarters
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- Western Front - Boutique and back room
- TV Times synopsis: Awaiting the trial of Ernest Bishop's killers, how will the Street regulars react to a petition calling for the return of capital punishment?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 16,950,000 viewers (5th place).
|March 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|