|ITV transmission date||8th March 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||6th March 1978|
|Next episode||13th March 1978|
Hilda plans to go to court to see Ernie's murderers' trial. Mike is adamant that Suzie is to be sacked. Steve gives Suzie a week's notice. She can't believe it. Mrs Lester calls on Mike and tells him her son Dave Lester is one of the lads charged with Ernie's murder. She asks him to tell the court it was an accident. Suzie offers to pay the £20. She thinks her good record as an employee entitles her to a second chance. Mike decides to take her back but Steve is adamant she must stay sacked. Alf plans to sell his house and move into the shop. Bet fears they'll want her out of the way. Steve tells Suzie he's reconsidered and she can have her job back. Alf tells Renee they could turn Bet's bedsit into a living room. Emily is determined to go to the murder trial.
- Ivy Tilsley - Lynne Perrie
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- Corner Shop and living quarters
- Baldwin's Casuals - Office
- Western Front - Boutique and back room
- A Customer in the Western Front waiting for Suzie Birchall to finish a phone call and serve her is uncredited, even though she has a line of dialogue.
- TV Times synopsis: When Steve Fisher gives Suzie Birchall the sack, will she accept his decision calmly? And who is the woman who turns up in the Street, begging pity for one of Ernest Bishop's murderers?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,900,000 viewers (12th place).
|March 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|