Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||20th March 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||15th March 1978|
|Next episode||22nd March 1978|
Len spends the night in a police cell. Rita regrets denying him to the police. Elsie celebrates her birthday. Ken, Mavis, Bet and Renee's mother and stepfather Daisy and Joe Hibbert gather for Alf and Renee's wedding. Len tells Rita he can't believe she let the police arrest him. He has to attend court. Renee is upset that Len hasn't arrived at the Register Office as he has the ring. Daisy offers her hers but it doesn't fit. Elsie receives a depressing letter which puts her off going to the Roberts' wedding. Len and Rita arrive just in time. Len and Bet witness the marriage of Alf and Renee by the registrar, Mr. Fearnley.
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Renee Bradshaw - Madge Hindle
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Elsie Howard - Patricia Phoenix
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Daisy Hibbert - Pearl Hackney
- Joe Hibbert - Norman Bird
- Mr. Fearnley - Bill Croasdale
- Mrs. Lacey - Rosalie Williams
- Rovers Return Inn - Select
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Corner Shop - Living quarters
- Weatherfield Register Office - Waiting area and marriage room
- TV Times synopsis: What's in the letter that so upsets Elsie Howard? Will the best man turn up in time for Alf Roberts's and Renee Bradshaw's wedding?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 18,300,000 viewers (2nd place).
- This episode was included in the Network DVD collection Coronation Street: The Best of 1970-1979, released on 25th July 2005.
|March 1978 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Mon 6th • Wed 8th • Mon 13th • Wed 15th • Mon 20th • Wed 22nd • Mon 27th • Wed 29th|