|ITV transmission date||10th April 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||5th April 1978|
|Next episode||12th April 1978|
Ray fears that Len will have lost them a big contract by being thrown off the Council. Because he can't get into the bathroom, Alf tells Renee that Bet will have to go. Len tells Alf he doesn't blame him for the Council's reaction. Bet knows the Roberts' want her out of the flat and evades the issue. Annie considers putting up for the election. Stan buys Hilda mis-shapen chocolates as a present. She thinks it's because he's feeling guilty over an affair. He is annoyed when Bet sprays him with perfume. Mavis is upset because she's forty tomorrow. Len gets a big contract purely because the contractor didn't like the idea of him doing the job whilst working on the Council. The contractor, Jim Conran, asks him to put in a tender for a twenty-room hotel.
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Rovers Return Inn - Public
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room, kitchen and hallway
- Corner Shop - Living quarters
- The Kabin
- Builder's Yard and office
- Mavis Riley states that it is her fortieth birthday tomorrow, however her date of birth is later established as 7th April 1937.
- TV Times synopsis: Will Renee and Alf Roberts succeed in their roundabout attempts to get tenant Bet Lynch out of the corner shop flat? Hilda Ogden smells perfume on husband Stan - and suspects his motives for giving her a present.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,250,000 viewers (8th place).
|April 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|