|ITV transmission date||3rd February 1961 (Friday)|
|Previous episode||1st February 1961|
|Next episode||8th February 1961|
Frank is annoyed when Ken plans to buy a record player on Hire Purchase. Joan Walker returns home from teacher training college with fiancé and fellow teacher Gordon Davies and they start to prepare their wedding, much to Annie's delight. David and Ken are worried when Johnny Gibson, a Hire Purchase man, calls looking for Ida.
- Elsie Tanner - Patricia Phoenix
- Dennis Tanner - Philip Lowrie
- Frank Barlow - Frank Pemberton
- Ida Barlow - Noel Dyson
- Kenneth Barlow - William Roache
- David Barlow - Alan Rothwell
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Jack Walker - Arthur Leslie
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Florrie Lindley - Betty Alberge
- Doreen - Angela Crow
- Sheila - Eileen Mayers
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Harry Hewitt - Ivan Beavis
- Bryan Mosley (Alf Roberts) and Bud Bennett (Customer) are credited but do not appear.
- This episode marked the directoral debut of future programme producer Howard Baker.
- The following week's Friday episode was delayed until the following Wednesday because of a technical dispute in the Granada studios. This means that this episode was the last live transmission until the 40th anniversary special on 8th December 2000.
- TV Times: No synopsis appeared in the magazine between Episode 3 (16th December 1960) and Episode 25 (6th March 1961).
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 5,233,000 homes (chart placing unknown - this was the first episode to be watched in more than 5,000,000 homes).
|February 1961 episodes|
|Wed 1st • Fri 3rd • Wed 8th • Wed 15th • Fri 17th • Wed 22nd • Fri 24th|