|ITV transmission date||19th April 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||17th April 1978|
|Next episode||24th April 1978|
Bet is quite pleased that Mike is subsidising her rent but agrees to look for somewhere else to live. Len tells Alf he's pleading "not guilty" in court on the charge of being drunk and disorderly on Alf's stag night and is defending himself. Bet tells Mike he can continue to pay the extra £2 a week but he's not getting anything from her. He tells her she's down as hospitality and entertainment on his tax returns. She decides to pay the extra in future so the Roberts' can't use it to evict her. Derek tells Mavis he never wanted to cause her pain over the house. He tells her that his mother is making his life difficult again and is pressing him to marry Beryl Challis. He asks her advice and she tells him to stand up to his mother. Renee is forced to tell Alf about Mike subsiding Bet's rent. He is horrified that they're living with a kept woman. Beryl catches Derek with Mavis and knows who Mavis is.
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Mike Baldwin - Johnny Briggs
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- TV Times synopsis: Derek finally gets to talk to Mavis and has some staggering news. Will Bet be staggered too when she finds out about Mike Baldwin and her rent?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,000,000 viewers (16th place).
|April 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|