Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th April 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||19th April 1978|
|Next episode||26th April 1978|
Beryl Challis accuses Mavis of being Derek's bit of fluff. She tries to drag Derek off to their engagement party. She accuses him of infidelity with Mavis. Beryl accuses Mavis of not being able to let Derek go. Mavis is upset that Beryl has an engagement ring. Beryl is annoyed that Derek talked to Mavis about them and breaks off the engagement. She tells Mavis she can have him. Mavis is upset that Derek finds her too sympathetic to marry and throws him out. Len gets a solicitor and Alf agrees to be his character witness. Ena and Hilda go to court to see Len's case. WPC Rogers tells the court that Len made advances towards her when she'd arrested him, putting his hand on her knee and telling her she was good looking.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Derek Wilton - Peter Baldwin
- Beryl Challis - Miranda Forbes
- WPC Rogers - Sharon Bower
- Robert Manders - Martin Wimbush
- Mr Mullins - Patrick Newell
- Chairman Magistrate - Emrys Leyshon
- Magistrate's Clerk - Peter Theedom
- Court Usher - Christine Early
- Mrs Watson - Brenda Castle
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- The Kabin
- Weatherfield Magistrates Court - Foyer and court room
- Last appearance of Derek Wilton until 2nd April 1979.
- Ray Langton (Neville Buswell) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: Stand by for a showdown between Mavis Riley, Derek Wilton and the other women in his life, Beryl Challis. Councillor Fairclough goes to court to answer the charge of being drunk and disorderly.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,550,000 viewers (11th place).
|April 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|