Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||26th April 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||24th April 1978|
|Next episode||1st May 1978|
WPC Rogers tells the court that Len told her she looked sexy in stockings before becoming abusive towards her. Len swears he did not make a pass at WPC Rogers and wasn't drunk. In court, on her first wedding anniversary, Rita is forced to admit she denied knowing Len because she was angry with him for getting drunk. Mike wants Suzie and Gail to stock-take on May Bank holiday. The girls ask Steve to talk Mike out of the idea. The Magistrates find Len not guilty. Annie flies to Jersey for the Bank holiday weekend. The paper carries a report of Rogers' allegations against Len. Rita sees it and is furious. She locks Len out of the bedroom.
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- WPC Rogers - Sharon Bower
- Robert Manders - Martin Wimbush
- Mr Mullins - Patrick Newell
- Chairman Magistrate - Emrys Leyshon
- Magistrate's Clerk - Peter Theedom
- Court Usher - Christine Early
- Woman in Corridor - Brenda Elder
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and landing
- Baldwin's Casuals - Exterior
- Weatherfield Magistrates Court - Foyer and court room
- Mavis Riley (Thelma Barlow) is credited but does not appear.
- TV Times synopsis: What will the verdict be at Len Fairclough's trial? And how will his wife Rita react when she learns what really happened after that stag party?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 17,400,000 viewers (3rd place).
|April 1978 episodes|
|Mon 3rd • Wed 5th • Mon 10th • Wed 12th • Mon 17th • Wed 19th • Mon 24th • Wed 26th|