Rita refuses to go to Len's last Council dinner because of the gossip. Suzie and Gail decide to throw a wild party at No.11. Suzie plans to seduce Steve and tells Gail she can have her ex, Chris Wheelan. Steve takes Angie to Suzie's party. Suzie feels disappointed. In Annie's absence, Fred holds a Lancashire evening in the Select of the Rovers. Gail enjoys herself with Chris. Rita refuses to sing at the Rovers. Suzie is furious as she has no man at the party. The Langtons enjoy Suzie's party by splitting up and flirting with others. A gatecrasher, Batesey, leaves No.11 when the booze runs out. He then steals Annie's Rover. Fred basks in the success of the Lancashire evening.
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Chris Wheelan - James Harvey
- Judy - Gilly Coman
- Tim - Ray Ashcroft
- Batesey - Mike Grant
- Angie - Karen Drury
- Lol Unsworth - Sam Sherry
- Spoons Player - Leslie Clark
- Piano Player - Barry Hart
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and Select
- 9 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen, hallway and front bedroom
- William Tarmey makes one of several pre-Jack Duckworth appearances as an extra at the Lancashire evening in the Select of the Rovers (Pictured above).
- TV Times synopsis: Who is Suzie Birchall after when she and Gail Potter throw a party? A Lancashire night at the Rovers features some traditional performers.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 11,861,000 viewers (chart placing unknown). This May Day Bank Holiday episode failed to make the top twenty.
|May 1978 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|