Ken and Emily organise a pram race for the hospital's Kidney Machine Appeal. Suzie accuses Gail of being jealous of her and Steve. She is furious when Steve stands her up to take Angie out. The police find the Rover. Hilda tells Stan about Ralph Curtis and wants to meet him. He refuses to have a Yank in the house. The Rover is unmarked but the thief left a note with it saying the tappets needed adjusting. Albert tells Annie and brewery rep Barry Goodwin about the police catching the Rovers opening after hours. Goodwin tells her he'll have to report her to the brewery and that there's a take over bid for Newton & Ridley. Hilda phones Ralph and arranges for him to visit. Annie is certain she'll lose the pub. Billy realises something is wrong and tells her he's flying over from Jersey.
- Hilda Ogden - Jean Alexander
- Betty Turpin - Betty Driver
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Renee Roberts - Madge Hindle
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Rovers Return Inn - Public, back room and hallway
- 13 Coronation Street - Back room and kitchen
- Corner Shop
- Western Front
- This episode was broadcast at 6.30pm due to live coverage of the European Cup Final.
- TV Times synopsis: How will Hilda Ogden break the news to Stan that her old flame is coming to visit her? What will Annie Walker do when she finds out about the after-hours drinking at the Rovers Return - and a possible brewery takeover?
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 15,787,000 viewers (4th place).
|May 1978 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|