Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||22nd May 1978 (Monday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Script editor||Leslie Duxbury|
|Previous episode||17th May 1978|
|Next episode||24th May 1978|
The hotel job is the biggest the Yard has ever done and they run out of space to store all the material. Eddie enters the pram race for the free ale on the pub crawl. Fred worries about his position if Morleys take over the brewery. Steve agrees to be Suzie's partner in the pram race. Billy goes to the brewery to find out about Annie's future. Richard Cresswell tells him that she would probably have to go if Morleys took over. Billy tells him he'd like to apply for the licence, whether or not there's a takeover. Len stores some of the material in Doug Clayton's warehouse and to safeguard the rest he spends the night in the Yard. Mavis is pushed into agreeing to be Eddie's partner in the pram race. Billy tells Annie that he's been accepted as tenant of the Rovers. She is overcome with emotion and happiness.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public and back room
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard and Office
- Newton & Ridley - Reception and Richard Cresswell's office
- TV Times synopsis: Billy Walker, worried about Annie's future in the event of a take-over of the brewery, tries to dig out the facts. Meanwhile, some of the Rovers Return regulars get down to practice for the charity pram race.
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 13,280,000 viewers (4th place).
|May 1978 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|