Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|ITV transmission date||24th May 1978 (Wednesday)|
|Stories by|| Esther Rose|
|Previous episode||22nd May 1978|
|Next episode||29th May 1978|
Len sleeps through someone stealing piping from the Yard. Annie worries that Billy is sacrificing Jersey for her sake. Fred worries about his future at the Rovers if Billy takes over. Richard Cresswell tells Annie that the takeover has fallen through and she can stay licencee. Billy admits he put up for the licence for Annie's sake and is relieved he doesn't have to take the pub on. She decides to have a holiday in a health farm to celebrate. After seeing The Flying Horse contestant Freda Loftus training in the Street, Suzie and Steve, Gail and Fred and Mavis and Eddie practise for the pram race. Clayton's Warehouse has a fire - Ray and Len have £3,000 worth of material stored in it.
- Ray Langton - Neville Buswell
- Len Fairclough - Peter Adamson
- Deirdre Langton - Anne Kirkbride
- Billy Walker - Kenneth Farrington
- Bet Lynch - Julie Goodyear
- Annie Walker - Doris Speed
- Ken Barlow - William Roache
- Emily Bishop - Eileen Derbyshire
- Suzie Birchall - Cheryl Murray
- Gail Potter - Helen Worth
- Stan Ogden - Bernard Youens
- Eddie Yeats - Geoffrey Hughes
- Fred Gee - Fred Feast
- Rita Fairclough - Barbara Knox
- Steve Fisher - Lawrence Mullin
- Ena Sharples - Violet Carson
- Albert Tatlock - Jack Howarth
- Alf Roberts - Bryan Mosley
- Mavis Riley - Thelma Barlow
- Coronation Street exterior
- Rovers Return Inn - Public/Snug, back room and hallway
- 11 Coronation Street - Back room/kitchen
- Builder's Yard and Office
- Newton & Ridley - Richard Cresswell's office
- Last appearance of Billy Walker until 28th May 1979.
- TV Times synopsis: What will be Annie Walker's reaction to her son's decision to sacrifice his career for her? Len and Ray decide to shift their new equipment to a safe place after a theft at the yard - then comes news of a fire…
- Viewing Figures: First UK broadcast - 14,051,000 viewers (2nd place).
|May 1978 episodes|
|Mon 1st • Wed 3rd • Mon 8th • Wed 10th • Mon 15th • Wed 17th • Mon 22nd • Wed 24th • Mon 29th • Wed 31st|